ORIGINAL ARTWORK AND LIMITED EDITION PRINTS By ED NEWMAN



Sunday, October 9, 2011

Transition

After having posted a picture a day here for nearly 650 days it seems the Many Faces theme has run its course. It's not quantity but quality that counts and the rapid execution of multiple pieces in a brief span of spare time in order to satisfy a personal quota (seven new pieces a week) was at first invigorating but now increasingly pointless. I look at the quality of work being produced by my peers and realize that I'm not behaving like an artisan. And for now my energies have been moving in the direction of my writing. (You can read the beginning of my latest volume of stories here.)

Hence, this blog will begin searching out new directions. I may share others' works, or it might be less frequent posting. Eventually this blog will find its way to a new channel. Or a new pace.

To all who have followed, thank you. Embrace your creative urge and let it merge with the future you are making, giving, sharing... and fully living.

No comments:

Post a Comment